The Auto Archive feature allows you to schedule an automatic file and/or folder move rule after a given period of time. This can be applied to a selected folder location and directed into a user defined archive location.
- Once you have logged in to your FilesAnywhere account, select the folder you would like to Auto Archive.
- Right click and select Properties from the drop down menu, then Advanced Properties.
- When the Folder Properties box comes up, click on the File Lifecycle tab, then click on Add Archive Rule.
- The Add New Archive Rule box will then pop up. Here, you are able to name and create a new archive rule.
Archive Rule Tab
- Archive Rule Name – Enter a title for your archive rule to easily manage multiple rules.
- Folder Location – Select which folder you would like to be archived.
- Delete Empty Subfolders – Enabling this checkbox will delete any empty subfolders within the Folder location.
- File Names And Extensions To Include – Specify filenames and file extensions to be archived. Multiple filenames and extensions can be separated by commas. (e.g., *.docx, filename1.jpeg, filename2.xlsx)
- Archive Contents (Days) – Select the age (days) of data that should be archived. (i.e., Data that has a timestamp greater or equal to the days specified, when compared to the current date, will be archived.)
- After Start Date – Choose your start date for when the archive rule should be triggered.
- Archive Location – Select or create a new folder destination where you would like the Folder Location in the rule to be archived to.
- Enable This Rule – Checking this box will disable/enable the archive rule.
- Send Warning Notification (Days In Advance) – Choose how many days prior to the files/folder being archived to receive an email notification reminding users of the archive.
- Email report to all GroupShare Users – Selecting this will send e-mail notifications to all GroupShare users associated with the selected source Folder Location.
- Email report to selected GroupShare Users – Selecting this will send e-mail notifications to only specified GroupShare users associated with the selected source Folder Location.
- Additional Recipients – This allows you to add additional e-mail notification recipients, separated by commas. (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org)
Still have Questions? Contact us.