Step-by-Step Instructions: Restoring Data
We know the sinking feeling you get the instant you realize an important file or folder has been deleted. That's why FilesAnywhere offers a way for you to retrieve deleted data and place it safely back into your account. How's that for peace of mind? Data Restore comes standard with every FilesAnywhere account, and above all, is extremely easy to navigate. Below you'll find instructions on how to use Data Restore.
Let's Get Started:
1. Login to your FilesAnywhere account.
2. Click the Tools tab.
3. Under the Services section, click on Data Restore.
4. Select a date to review files and folders backed up the morning of that day. (see below for details on backup scheduling)
5. Select the files or folders that you wish to restore and then click the Restore button.
Note: You may choose a single file or folder, or multiple files and folders, to restore at any given time. Folders containing multiple versions of a file will display each version and allow you to choose the version you wish to restore. Depending upon the amount of information you have chosen to retrieve, this action may take a few moments to complete.
6. Click the Return to Main button to return to your folder tree.
7. Click to view the restored files/folders.
Important Information About Data Restore
- Data is backed up with a snapshot every morning at 5:00am Eastern Time.
- If you create files or folders after 5:00am, then delete it before 5:00am the next day, there is no method to recover those files or folders.
- The data will be permanently deleted and not recoverable if it passes beyond the scope of the snapshots.
Still Have Questions?
If you need help or have additional questions about data restore, please contact us.