Advanced FileShare Link Features
Sharing data with your FilesAnywhere account is simple and convenient, and so is setting limits. FileShare comes with a host of enhanced features that allow you to control how, when, and in what way your information is accessed. Create rules for the number of downloads per recipient, set an expiration date for your link, track links in a history log, and more.
You may also be interested in more information on:
- Creating a FileShare with Your iPhone/Android
- Creating a FileShare Link
- FileShare Link Distribution Methods
- Active FileShare Link Log
- Modifying a FileShare Link
- Downloading Files from a FileShare Link
Start by selecting the files and folders you would like to distribute and then click the Access & Permissions tab.
Access and Permissions
Access & Permissions provides you with the options to password protect the link and set an expiration date (or none at all). It also allows the individual to download the file or only view it online; if allowing downloads you can limit the number of downloads.
You are also able to remove your name, email address, and any comments from the email that is sent out and allow guests to comment on the file.
You can add a custom watermark to files for preview or download.
Additionally you are able to track the FileShare Link’s activity. You have the options to receive an email when the file(s) are downloaded, when the weblink is accessed for the first time, and even record each file download in the File History Log.
Note: The Remember My Choices check box will only take effect once you have sent the link with your desired settings in place.
User View Setting
User View Settings determines how files are displayed when the recipient accesses the link.
The Show This View dropdown menu offers the options:
- Icon View - Thumbnails, Slideshow, Online Viewer, and Streaming Media
- Comments View – Same as Icon View, plus Comments, Details, and Search
- Detail View – Plain list of items (no media features)
- Preview Media – Opens a preview of the file(s)
The Language drop down menu will change page’s display language.
The Advanced Options tab allows you to add a cover page to the FileShare link. You can put a Cover Page Title, a Cover Page Message, a required Checkbox Approval, Verification Text, a Graphical Signature, you can even add a button to return the user to a custom URL. Once you have made all of your selections, click Send Link.
Note: Only the cover page message area supports basic HTML for formatting.
Sending the Link
At this final window type in the email address of the recipient, customize the subject line of the email and enter a message as the subject.
Important Information About FileShare Links
- The Send Link feature does not send a notification email to the creator of the FileShare link. If you wish to receive and view the FileShare link notification that your recipients will see, you must include your email address with the other recipient email addresses where prompted.
- If your email server doesn't use SSL to send emails, you may want to use either the Send Link or use the Password Protect feature. Send Link uses FilesAnywhere built-in, secure email system. Password Protect allows link access via 128-bit SSL encryption.
- For existing FileShare links, you can change the notification settings, cancel the link, or extend the link by modifying the properties. For more information, view the step-by-step instructions for Modifying a FileShare link.
Still Have Questions?
If you need help or have additional questions, please contact us.