We live in a world full of information. Wouldn't it be nice if it was centrally located and easy to find? For FilesAnywhere users, it is! The Folder Properties screen provides all the important details of the selected folder so that you can review it at a glance and manage your data with a few clicks. The Folder Properties screen contains six tabs: General, File Tracking, Email Options, Sharing, File Lifecycle, and Activity History Log. Here we've provided an overview of how to access Folder Properties and the features available in each tab. If you would like step-by-step instructions for changing properties and settings contained within the Account Settings screen, you may choose one of the following tutorials:
To access Folder Properties click the “Gear” icon next to the folder you wish to review, or right click the folder in Tree View, select Properties, and then Advanced Properties.
From here you will have access to the Folder Properties window.
Fields within the General Tab:
- Folder Owner: Name of the user or sub user with ownership of the selected folder.
- Size: Displays the combined size of all files in selected folder, including all subfolders.
- Created: Displays the date the folder was created.
- Contains: Displays the combined number of all files in selected folder, including all subfolders.
- Folder Location: Displays the complete file path of selected folder.
- Name: Displays name of selected folder. Also allows user to change name of selected folder.
- Description: Allows user to input a description of selected folder.
Fields within the File Tracking Tab:
- Folder Owner: Name of the user or sub user with ownership of selected folder.
- Parent Folder: Shows the path of the parent folder from which properties of the selected folder are inherited.
- File History Logging Check Box: Enables/disabled File History. With File History enabled, a backup copy of every file version uploaded to the selected folder (and subfolders inheriting properties from the selected folder) is stored in the folder owner’s Version History Repository folder.
- Versions: When File History Logging is enabled, you can set the number of versions the system will retain as backup for each file. If you only want to use the File History Log feature without retaining any backup versions, select 0 (zero) from the Keep dropdown menu. Data Restore feature that takes a snapshot of every account at 5:00 a.m. Eastern Time, and keeps those snapshots up to 30 days, including the number of file versions you have chosen to keep.
- Checkin/Checkout Check Box: A Groupshare feature, this check box enables/disables the enforcement of Checkin/Checkout Version Control rules on the selected folder. With this feature enabled, all downloads and uploads are automatically tracked using Checkin/Checkout
- Disable Delete: Completely disables all deletion capability within the selected folder and subfolders. When turned on in the parent (root) folder, prevents deletion of files in all folders associated with the account. This prevents accidental deletion for important files. This feature can be used with File History and Checkout for complete version protection.
- Detach from Parent Folder: Allows you to set different properties for that subfolder.
Email Options Tab
Fields within Email Options Tab:
- Daily Activity Report Check Box: Enables an emailed daily report displaying all file updates done during a 24-hour period.
- File Upload Check Box: Enables a real-time email notification for every file upload. This feature is not recommended for large directories with high volume file activity since an email is generated with every file action.
- File Checkout Report Check Box: Automatically email a notification of every file checkout at the time of the download.
- Always send Email to all Users Check Box: When enabled, all members of the GroupShare for a selected folder will be included in email distributions.
- Standard Recipients, Folder Owner Check Box: Enables the folder owner to receive the specified reports and notifications.
- Standard Recipients, Groupshare Users Check Box: Enables GroupShare participants to receive the specified reports and notifications.
- Additional Recipients: A free form field, you may specify other email addresses to be included in the distribution, even if they are not GroupShare users. Any valid email address is acceptable. Separate multiple email aliases with semi-colons (e.g., email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org).
- File/Folder Notification: When enabled, a notification will be sent to the owner of the file/folder.
- File/Folder Move Notification: Enables the folder owner to receive a notification when the file/folder is being moved.
- File/Folder Copy Notification: Enables the folder owner to receive a notification when the file/folder is being copied.
- File/Folder Rename Notification: Enables the folder owner to receive a notification when the file/folder is being renamed.
- Folder Create Notification: Enables the folder owner to receive a notification when the file/folder is being created.
Fields within Sharing Tab:
- Select User/Group: Allows you to specify the user/group with whom the selected folder will be shared.
- Select Permission: Allows you to set the user/group permission level for the selected folder. Available settings are: Full Access, Create and Update, Read Only, and Master Access.
- Notify the user by email Check Box: Enables the user/group to receive email notification when they added to share.
- Stop Share: This button will cease all sharing activities with this folder.
File Lifecycle Tab
Fields within File Lifecycle Tab:
- Add Lifecycle Rule: Allows user to add a rule set for life cycle of selected folder.
- Delete: Remove selected Lifecycle Rules.
**NOTE: Adding a rule will enable the deletion of files/folder using a Retention Time Period.**
Activity History Log
Fields within Activity History Log:
- Choose Activity: Allows user to select what activity is reported in the history log. Available options are: File History/Link Tracking, Checkin/Checkout History, Currently Check Out Files.
- Folder: Allows user to specify which folder will receive an Activity History Log.
- Include All Subfolders Check Box: Enables the inclusion of all subfolders. Activity for subfolders will be include in history log.
Still Have Questions?
If you need help or have additional questions about logging in, please contact us.