Step-by-Step Instructions: Adding MetaData to a File/Folder
Need a method for running reports on specific sets of data? MetaData provides a flexible yet structured way to add information to a folder. Files added to the folder then inherit the Metadata definitions. So, just as index cards at a library have reference information on books, MetaData allows you to add relevant references to folders, such as the time and date of creation, creator or author, purpose, etc. Here you'll find instructions on defining MetaData fields. If you'd like to learn more about how to apply MetaData to your business, check out these Industry examples. You might also want to learn more about:
- MetaData Overview
- Viewing and Editing MetaData
- Using the MetaData Spreadsheet
- MetaData Solutions for Specific Industries
1. Log into your account.
2. On the My Document view right-click on a file/folder and select Create eForm Data.
Clicking this menu option an eForm selection window is displayed to the user. User then selects the eForm to be linked to the file and enters metadata for the file.
3. It will prompt you to select an eForm and Continue.
4. Once you continue, the eForm you have selected will display and you can add metadata to the file/folder you selected.
Still Have Questions?
If you need help or have additional questions please contact us.