Managing your documents has never been easier than it is now with FilesAnywhere ADR. Our Automatic Document Recognition tool allows you to track and manage any file that has been uploaded, copied, or moved based on the ADR folder settings.
ADR is designed to allow you easier tracking on any or all incoming files with just a right click!
Our document recognition feature has the capability to not only Copy/Move a file to a folder, but also Send Email Notifications, Create and Share FileShare link, and Submit data for an existing eForm.
To get started with ADR, right click on the folder on which you wish to add the ADR trigger. In the drop down menu, hover over Properties, navigate to Add ADR Trigger.
In the ADR definition window, you can name the trigger as well as choose the file action that should activate the trigger, such as: File Upload, File Moved, File copied, File Rename, or Add/Edit Tag.
You can also add ADR triggers by going to the TOOLS tab and selecting ADR Triggers
And clicking on Add New ADR Trigger
Here you can name the trigger and also select the folder on which you wish to run the automatic document recognition.
Note: You may configure an ADR trigger for sub-folders, however any ADR configuration made on the parent folder will automatically override the subfolder ADR configuration.
Once you have selected the folder and the file action to trigger the ADR, you must select the conditions to be satisfied on the file (which is either uploaded, copied or moved) based on your preferences.
You can configure the conditions in sets of Satisfy all or Satisfy any. Each condition has a set of options that allows you to set proper filters on files.
1. File Size: Set this condition to check the file size is either equal to, less than or greater than a specific size value in KB, MB or GB.
2. File Tag: Set this condition to retrieve file data based off the tags that have been placed on the file.
3. File Type: Set the condition to filter the file by its type or extension
4. Text In File: Set this condition to pull a file according to the text it contains or any file that does not contain the configured text.
Once you have set the desired conditions, it’s now time to choose the actions you wish to occur when all the conditions are satisfied by a file.
Note: Users can add more than one action per ADR trigger.
1. Copy File to Folder: Set this action if you wish to copy the file to another folder.
You can set the following action properties:
- Keep Folder Structure Intact:
The uploaded file’s sub-folder structure will be kept intact while copying the file, i.e., similar folder structure will be created within the above selected copy to folder path.
- Copy file into sub-folder created by splitting the file name:
Check this option if you wish to split the file name & create sub-folder(s) within the above selected ‘copy to folder’ path and copy file into the created sub-folder.
When this property is checked, you must provide the values of the following attributes:
- Separator: Single character used for splitting the file name.
- Sub-folders limit: Limit the sub-folder level.
- Rename file: Rename the file by removing the sub-folder names.
For example: If the file name is Org_Record_Date_Document.txt, the separator is underscore, sub-folder limit is 2 and rename file is checked, the system will create two sub-folders Org & Record with in the above selected folder and copy the renamed file Date_Document.txt within Record folder.
- Action to be performed when a file with the same name already exists in the destination folder:
Select what you would like to be done when a file with the same name already exists in the destination folder. You may select to Abort the action, Rename the file, or Overwrite the file.
2. Create and Share FileShare Link: Set this action if you wish to create a FileShare link and share it with users.
You may make the FileShare link password protected (communicate the password separately as we do not send the password in the email) as well as add other additional recipients via email addresses.
- Perform action for each incoming file:
When several files are uploaded at once, check this option to generate separate links for each file.
3. Submit eForm Data/Generate a Ticket: Set this action to submit data for existing eForms/Workflows.
Select the form from the dropdown and its fields will be presented in a following dropdown. You can configure the field values to be set while submitting data.
Just select the field, enter its value and click on Assign Field Value. All your configured values will be available in the grid as follows:
You can remove the configure value by clicking the Remove link in the grid.
Using the Advanced Options>> link, you can set different values for the form fields based off the file properties like file type, text in file, etc.
For example: If a text file with file extension .txt is uploaded, then the value in Single Line field will be set as “Data for Text file submitted via ADR”. However if an image file is uploaded the value in Singe Line field will be set as “Picture and Graphics file data submitted via ADR”.
4. Move File to Folder: Set this action if you wish to move the file to another folder.
Configuration properties of the Move action are similar to those of the Copy action.
5. Send Email Notification: Set this action to send email notifications to users and additional recipients.
- Perform action for each incoming file:
When several files are uploaded at once, check this option if you want to send separate emails for each file.
- Email subject and body:
When configuring the email subject and body, you may use the following available placeholders, whose value will be replaced by actual values at the time of the executed action. You can view this list by clicking the View available placeholders >> link.
How often are emails sent out from ADR triggers?
- Uploads done via WEB/API : After the upload is completed
- Uploads done via SFTP: After the user logs off SFTP or 15 minutes intervals, whichever is earlier.
- Uploads done via FTP/WEBDAV: 15 minutes intervals
Use placeholders to insert frequently used information into your text.
Support phone number
Support international phone number
Support Work Time
Managing ADR Triggers
All of the configured ADR triggers can be viewed on the ADR Trigger page. You can reach this page by going to the TOOLS tab and selecting ADR Triggers
On this page, you can edit, delete, add, clone, activate and deactivate the ADR triggers.
You can also view the History of the trigger execution by clicking the icon under the History column. This will open the execution history. Each line will have a status of Success/Failed along with other details pertaining to each execution:
Still Have Questions?
If you need help or have additional questions, please contact us.