Security is Our Top Priority
Is your data safe with FilesAnywhere? Absolutely. Since 1999, we have gone beyond standard measures to protect our customers and their data. Our unyielding commitment has made safe cloud storage possible. Thousands of businesses and individuals around the world use FilesAnywhere to store, access, and share data online. We deploy a blend of security measures to ensure maximum protection and the greatest overall data safety.
FilesAnywhere: Security You Can Count On
- Independent Security Evaluation- FilesAnywhere has undergone independent, third-party testing to ensure our network and software system is secure. We run daily external vulnerability testing and we have been audited for ISO-27002 compliance. We are currently attaining SOC3 compliance at our data center.
- Three-Tiered Testing- Our security testing and QA process eliminates mistakes, bugs, and other glitches before they can ever affect our customer. From development to release, updates are tested at a minimum of three levels before they reach our systems.
- McAfee Site Advisor- Daily scans and continuous, automated, independent vulnerability assessments insure there are no holes in the FilesAnywhere system.
- Anti-Virus Software- By monitoring all incoming files, we are able to quarantine viruses that are accidentally or maliciously uploaded by users, preventing data infection.
- Encryption technology - We use 256-bit encryption technology to protect your username, password and other personal account information when you're using our site or apps. You'll know your information is encrypted when the filesanwyhere.com page you're on starts with "https://" and you see a lock symbol in your web browser. FilesAnywhere uses Transport Layer Security (TLS) to protect data in transit between FilesAnywhere apps and our servers. FilesAnywhere files at rest are encrypted using 256-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES). Single Sign-On & Multi-Factor Authentication options available to Professional & OnPremise customers
- Firewall Protection- Our enterprise-grade data center uses 1024-bit firewalls to prevent hacking attempts.
- Client Certificate Login Validation – Private Sites have the option of using client SSL certificates to authenticate known computers during the login process, eliminating the risk of logins from unknown devices.
- Secure, Automated Backup- With the FilesAnywhere CoolBackup software, data can be encrypted locally before being uploaded using AES 256-bit encryption.
- Off-site, Monitored Data Center- Our state-of-the-art facility is monitored 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year by trained security experts and strict access controls.
- Internal Security- All employees must pass rigorous background checks and do not have access to our users' accounts.
Still Have Questions?
If you need help or have additional questions about logging in, please contact us.