- Upload your pre-designed forms and use them with the Workflow module.
Using this path-breaking Custom Form Layout module, users can associate existing Workflow fields with fields on custom designed PDF or HTML forms so that when data is submitted to the Workflow Ticket, it is accepted into the custom designed form instead of the standard Workflow form. Submitted data can also be exported out into these custom designed forms.
Custom form layout module facilitates the user to perform the following:
Upload custom form layout in the form of PDF(s) or HTML templates, to the user's account for submitting and exporting data.
Provide one-to-one mapping between Workflow and the uploaded custom form layout fields. In addition, the user can also map Workflow fields with multiple custom form layouts.
Extract data into single or multiple custom form layouts and download the resulting PDF. If data is exported to multiple PDFs then all resulted PDFs are zipped and zip file is available for the download.
Configure automatic email sending functionality using triggers and automation along with the custom form layout file(s) whenever the Workflow step is transitioned based on its configuration.
Note: Refer this Workflow article for more details on how to create the Workflow and configure its related settings.
To start with the custom form layout module, create a new Workflow or edit an existing one and go to Step 5 of 6 for Custom Form Layout & Export Configuration.
It has 3 tabs to configure the custom form layout settings:
Custom Form Layout – to add/edit/remove custom form layout files.
Field Mappings – to provide mapping between custom form layout fields and the Workflow fields so that they can be used to collect and export the data.
Advanced Settings – to do the advanced settings like Form Step Mappings, to configure which custom form layout will be used at which step level and configure the folder path where generated custom form layout files can be stored for future reference.
Custom Form Layout Tab
On this tab, you can add/edit/remove custom form layouts.
Add Custom Form Layout:
Click on the Add Custom Form Layout button to upload a new PDF/HTML custom form layout file. Click on the Upload button to select and upload the custom form layout. Once the form is uploaded click the Save button to complete the add process.
A valid custom form layout must satisfy the following rules:
The custom form layout being uploaded must have .PDF or .html or .htm or .zip extension.
- The uploaded custom form layout must have one or more input fields.
Only those PDFs which can be handled by an integrated third party PDF library are allowed to be used as custom form layout for data export.
In case of a password protected PDF, the password must be entered into the Form Password text-box to enable the system to work with such a PDF.
- The uploaded .zip file (compressed html file along with its resources) should contain at least one valid html file with .html or .htm extension.
Note: Refer this support article for more information on how to create a valid custom form layout.
Edit Custom Form Layout:
You can edit custom form layout details by clicking the pencil icon within the custom form layout grid. Clicking the edit icon opens the following window from where you can re-upload the custom form layout file.
Custom Form Layout Status:
Until it is approved, a custom form layout goes through the following statuses after it is uploaded (each status is indicated in the grid with unique color legend):
- Pending Conversion - The custom form layout has been uploaded and file conversion process is in progress.
- Pending Configuration - The custom form layout conversion has been completed and it is now ready for providing field mappings.
- Pending Approval - The custom form layout has been sent for approval.
- Approved - The custom form layout has been approved and it can now be used for data capture and export.
- Rejected - The uploaded custom form layout has been rejected. The reason for rejection can be found in the Comments column.
Preview Custom Form Layout:
When an uploaded custom form layout has been Approved, you will get the option to preview the form and confirm its look and feel. Click on the preview icon to preview the form.
Delete Custom Form Layout:
You can delete one or more custom form layouts by checking the checkbox against the forms to be deleted and clicking the Remove Selected Form(s) button.
Note: When a custom form layout is deleted, its field mappings provided in Field Mappings Tab and the settings within the Advanced Settings Tab also get deleted.
Field Mappings Tab
On this tab, you can provide one-to-one mapping between the uploaded custom form layout fields and the Workflow fields.
This grid has two main sections: Custom Form Layout Details & Workflow Details.
Custom Form Layout Details
Custom Form Layout Field – Field name present in the custom form layout
Field Type – Type of the custom form layout field
Values – If field type is checkbox, radio button, combo box or list box then this column will show expected possible values for such fields
Field details – Additional info for the field. It also displays other information like max length, whether the field is multiline, multi select or password etc.
Form Field – Field name present in the Workflow
Field Type – Type of the field in the Workflow
Manage mapping suggestions
Use this intelligent feature to auto-map custom form layout fields with the Workflow fields. The background of the field turns green for those fields for which mapping suggestions have been provided by the system. You have the option to accept the suggested field mapping or change it as per your requirement.
You can uncheck this checkbox if you don't want the system to suggest field mappings.
Mapping the fields
The grid has inline editing capability, click anywhere on a grid row to make it editable. You can provide a new mapping or edit the existing mapping by selecting the appropriate form field from the dropdown.
Changes are tracked and retained even if you sort or change the page.
You can click the Save Mappings button to save the changed/newly added mappings.
You can discard the changes by clicking the Reset button.
You can remove the field mapping by selecting the first item from the dropdown.
Field Mapping Rules
- There must be one-to-one mapping between workflow and the custom form layout fields.
- Workflow fields Address, Full Name and Phone are special composite fields that have specific parts such as Full Name has First Name and Last Name, Address has Street Address, City, Country, etc. Such workflow fields can either be mapped as a whole to the custom form layout field or its specific parts to the custom form layout fields.
- Workflow field File Upload can only be mapped with custom form layout field type 'FileInput'.
- Workflow field Signature can only be mapped with custom form layout field type 'Signature'.
- Workflow field Password can only be mapped with custom form layout field type 'Password'.
- Workflow field Table can only be mapped with custom form layout field type 'Table'.
- Workflow field File Download can only be mapped with custom form layout field type 'FileDownload'.
- Workflow field Create Folder can only be mapped with custom form layout field type 'CreateFolder'.
- Mapping a workflow calculated field to the custom form layout field, all the workflow fields included in the formula expression should also be mapped to the custom form layout field.
Mapping of table type field on workflow with html type custom form layout can be configured like below:
Mapping of table columns on workflow with PDF type custom form layout can be configured like below:
Send the Custom Form Layout for Approval
All the newly uploaded custom form layouts are displayed with a suffix (U) in the custom form layout dropdown. For all such forms you will get a button labelled Send For Approval. When you are done with all the field mappings you may click this button and it will send the form to our QA team for review and approval.
Advanced Settings Tab
On this tab you will find two sections Action Form Settings and Destination folder for exported forms.
Action Form Settings
Here you can configure Workflow step level custom form layouts. The selected Action Form will be displayed to the end users for data submission.
Forms to be sent
Select which custom form layout file will be sent along with automated email notifications to the configured recipients based on the action settings of Workflow triggers or automations.
Destination folder for exported forms
Here you can configure the folder path where the generated custom form layout files will be stored for future reference.
Whenever the custom form layout file is sent along with automated email notifications to the recipients, the system will store such files in the specified path.
How to Configure Custom Form Layout within Triggers and Automations?
You can configure the custom form layout settings within the Triggers & Automations on the last step of Workflow design. Go to Step 6 of 6 and choose Triggers & mail notifications.
You can add a new trigger or edit an existing one to configure the Notifications: Send Email To action to send automated emails whenever a workflow ticket is created or updated.
Notifications: Send Email To action has a checkbox labeled Include custom form layout files to send all configured custom form layout files along with automated email sent based on the defined trigger conditions. Check this checkbox if you wish to send the configured custom form layout files as an attachment along with the email notification.
You can use the same steps to configure the automation actions within the Automations section.
Still Have Questions?
If you have further questions, please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to assist you.