In order to set Multi-Factor Authentication for your entire site, please follow these steps.
Enable Multi-Factor Authentication
- Login to your Admin Console
- Click on the Security tab at the top of the screen.
- Scroll down to the Multi-Factor Authentication section.
- Enable Multi-Factor Authentication and begin configuring your global settings.
First, you have to decide how everyone is going to be affected by your setting.
- All Groups and Users - This setting overrides all User and Group configurations to conform to your Global configuration.
- Configured Groups and Users - This setting permits you to set a global preference, but allows Groups or User Level settings to take precedence.
Second, you need to decide the delivery method.
- SMS Text Message - Upon login, the user will be prompted to enter their phone number in order to receive a SMS message.
- Email - Upon login, the user will be prompted to enter their email address in order to receive a verification code.
- Phone Call - Upon login, the user will be prompted to enter their phone number in order to receive a phone call with the verification code.
- User Defined - Upon login, the user will be given the choice as to which method to use in order to receive the verification code.
Third, you need to consider if you want your users to be able to bypass verification for a certain amount of days.
Note: Since the bypass relies on website cookies, if the user clears their browser cache, they will be prompted to enter in a new verification code upon next login regardless of the number of bypass days.
If a user is assigned to multiple groups with different delivery methods, only one method will be selected. Here's the list of delivery methods in order of precedence.
- User Defined (if applicable)
- SMS Text Message
- Phone Call
If you'd like more information, please consider these articles.
- Introducing Multi-Factor Authentication
- Admin Console - Multi-Factor Authentication Group Settings
- Admin Console - Multi-Factor Authentication User Settings
- Admin Console - Multi-Factor Authentication in Login Reports
- User Portal - How to Edit Your Existing Multi-Factor Authentication Settings
Still Have Questions?
If you need help or have additional questions, please contact us.