Share important documents securely and easily using DocuSign. You can send anyone (including non-members) the document(s) you need signed. To get started, follow the instructions below.
Note: In order to use DocuSign, you will need a DocuSign account. Click here to sign up.
Table of Contents
- How to Send a Document
- What Recipients Will See
- How to View Your DocuSign Agreements
- How to Unlink or Disable DocuSign
How to Send a Document
- Log into your account.
- Find a file you wish to send with DocuSign and right-click on it.
- Navigate to Service Plugins -> Send to DocuSign
- If it's your first time, you may get prompted with this message. Press Accept.
- Log in with your DocuSign credentials.
- A popup will appear so you can begin creating your DocuSign 'Envelope'.
Envelope Details Tab
- Add/remove files to the envelope
- Choose which folder the agreement will be saved in
- Set a name for the agreement documents
- Keep versions of each event, so with each signer you will receive a document in addition to the final document.
- On the Envelope Details Tab, set the destination folder for your agreement
- Choose the name you want the agreement to be labeled.
Envelope Options Tab
- Require an access code to view/sign the agreement
- Set the expiration of the agreement
- Provide a warning notification of when the agreement will expire.
- Enable signer comments
- On the Envelope Options Tab, decide any additional security or options you want to enable.
- Add as many recipients/signers as you need
- Set the order of the signers
- Create your own subject for the agreement emails
- Provide a message to the recipients
- On the Recipients Tab, enter the recipients you want to sign the agreement and their email address.
- Press Continue to DocuSign.
- Now that you have set up all the preliminary information, click on Send to DocuSign on the next screen.
- From here, DocuSign will take over and open up another window.
- Now you will set all the fields you need and their locations. You will be able to switch between recipients required on the top left if you have more than one.
- Once you have completed setting up the signature and initial locations, press Send.
- Now you will be instructed to close the DocuSign window, do so.
- Then close out the popup for FilesAnywhere, by pressing Close.
Incidentally, if you wish to go to the DocuSign Agreements page, you can click View Status at this time.
What Recipients Will See
As of the creation of this article, this is what the recipients will experience when receiving a DocuSign document.
- They will receive an email and be asked to review and sign the document.
- Once they click on Review Document, they will be taken to the DocuSign interface.
- If you have enabled an access code, then they will see a screen requiring that.
- At the top of the document, they will see this blue header and will need to press Continue.
- After pressing continue, the recipient will need to press the Start button on the left. This will take them to their first required inital or signature.
If there is more than one area that needs to be filled in, the button will change to Next.
- Once the recipient has finished signing and initialing the document, they will see and need to press Finish.
- They will receive confirmation on the screen that they are finished with their portion of the signing.
How to View your DocuSign Agreements
- Click on the Share tab at the top of the screen.
- Scroll down to the Manage section and click on the DocuSign button.
- This will pull up the list of all DocuSign Agreements you have created.
- Click on the magnifying glass icon on the View Envelope column to view your existing agreement
- From here you can see the current DocuSign Envelope in progress and even refresh the events/status by pressing the Get Latest Envelope button.
- If you wish to see the current PDF of the latest signed document, click on the magnifying glass on the View Agreement column.
- You can also go back to My Documents and open the destination folder to see the PDF of the latest signed document.
How to Unlink or Disable DocuSign
If you ever need to disable DocuSign or unlink your DocuSign login from your account, here is what you need to do.
- Log into your account.
- Click on the Tools tab at the top.
- Scroll down to the Services section and click on Service Plugins
- To disable/enable DocuSign, uncheck/check the checkbox for Send to DocuSign
- To unlink your DocuSign login from your account, press the Reset DocuSign Association link. Then log out of your account and close your browser. This will ensure that the temporary cache is cleared.
Still Have Questions?
If you need help or have additional questions please contact us.