Users can now add a Quiz field to their eForms. The Quiz field is perfect for when a user wants to host a quiz on a particular topic within their eForm.
Note: For Business Starter plans, Quiz fields are limited to 5 questions per field. However, Professional plans do not have this limitation.
Table of Contents
- Adding a Quiz field to the eForm
- Key Components of the Quiz field
- Classic eForm Quiz field display
- Sample Quiz
Adding a Quiz field to the eForm
1) Log into your account.
2) Navigate to the eForms dashboard by clicking on eForms at the top of the screen.
3) Once on the eForms dashboard, click the Edit button to edit your existing form.
4) Once you are on Step 2, look on the right-hand side in the Standard Fields section. The Quiz field will be at the bottom. Click on it to add it to your form.
Key Components of the Quiz field
The Quiz field has a lot of integrated options, so let's break it down.
Here's what the field looks like when a user is editing it.
Here's the breakdown and explanation of the components.
This section is focused on enabling or disabling specific features for your quiz.
- Is Random - Enabling this option will randomize the order of your questions.
- Enable Back Button - This displays a back button that the guest can use to navigate to a previous question.
Note: You cannot have the Back Button and a Question Timer active at the same time.
- Display Result Page - This will cause a "Thank You" page to appear after the quiz is completed.
Field Information Section
This section is used to identify and provide instructions for your quiz.
- Filed Label - This is where you will name your quiz.
- Instructions - You can enter in additional instructions here, such as "You have five minutes to take this quiz."
- Field Name - This is used to identify the field within your Data viewer.
Question Settings Section
This section is where you can adjust the settings for how the questions behave.
- Max Number of Questions - This allows you to restrict the quiz to a set number of active questions. For example, you have 10 questions, but only want 5 questions displayed to the guest per quiz.
Note: If the 'Is Random' option is not enabled, then the questions selected will be in order from the first question entered onward. So if 5 is entered, then the first 5 questions will be displayed.
- Question Time (Sec) - Use this to set the time limit for each question. A countdown will display in the top right-hand corner of the quiz. Otherwise, the default is set to unlimited and no timer will display.
- Message Delay - This setting allows you to insert a delay once a question is answered, so that the question remains on the screen before transitioning to the next one.
Results Calculation Method Section
This section offers three different calculation methods for your quiz. # of correct answers, Max Score, and Points per Question. It also offers an opitonal pass/fail threshold that can be enabled as necessary.
# of correct answers
Points per Question
- Result Calculation Method - This allows you to change the calculation method as necessary. The default is # of correct questions
- Max Score for Quiz - This is where you enter the total amount of points the quiz is worth. The system will derrive the points per question automatically.
- Points on Correct Answer - This allows you to set the points each question is worth.
- Display Pass/Fail - Enable this to display the pass/fail message on the quiz results page.
- Minimum Passing Amount - Enter an ammount respective of the calculation method you have chosen.
Manage Existing Questions Section
This section is for editing existing active and inactive questions.
Note: This section will only appear once you have entered a question into the quiz.
- Manage Existing Questions - Click on this to pull up a grid of all the questions you have entered into this quiz.
- Total Active - This displays the number of total active questions. It is possible for you to have inactive questions in your quizthat you can turn on at a later date.
Once you click on the Manage Existing Questions button, a popup grid will appear.
- Export - This will export all the questions into an excel spreadsheet.
- Delete - By checking the box next to a question and pressing this, you will delete the question completely.
- Show All - This flips from Show All to Per Page. By default questions are displayed at 30 per page.
- Move - By checking a question and entering an order number, you can move a question up or down the list.
- IsActive - Check or uncheck questions to turn them on and off in your quiz.
- Edit - By clicking on the pencil icon next to a question, you can edit the existing question. A popup will appear where you can make changes to the question.
Editing an existing question
Here you can see all the previously entered information and make changes as needed.
- ID - This is the identification number of the question entered.
- Order - This is the order in which the question is listed.
Add Question Section
This is where you can add the questions for your quiz one at a time.
Note: There is no bulk import available.
- Section (optional) - This is a way to indicate a question is part of a theme. I.E. if you enter "Artists" as the section, then when that question displays, the section will also display on the screen.
- Question - This is where you will enter the question in simple text.
Note: This box does not support formatting.
- Question Choices - These are the choices for your question. In a quiz each question can have different answers. You can add additional choices by using the Add Another Choice link. Use the raido buttons to select the choice that is correct.
- Add Question Images - This allows you to add images associated with the question being created.
Classic eForm Quiz field display
When using a quiz in an eForm, here's how it will display in a classic form on the guest user's side.
- Quiz Label - "Quiz 1"
- Instructions - "Please think on each choice carefully before answering."
- Section - "Artists"
- Quesiton Time - "18" The counter will count down to 0 and then switch to the next question if no answer given.
- Question - "What is the name of the artist who painted 'Mona Lisa'?"
- Image - The Mona Lisa is an image related to the question
- Choices - "Michelangelo", "Vincent van Gogh", "Salvador DalÍ", and "Leonardo da Vinci"
- Navigation - Back & Next buttons.
Note: The Back button doesn't appear unless the 'Enable Back Button' option is enabled.
Note: Also, the Question Timer and Back button cannot be enabled at the same time.
Still Have Questions?
If you need help or have additional questions please contact us.